WordsofaReader

WordsofaReader

I talk about books to my camera on regular intervals. Sometimes people watch the results. http://www.youtube.com/user/WordsofaReader

Oliver Twist
Leonard Maltin, Jerry Beck
The Shadow Thief
Alexandra Adornetto
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next Series #1)
The Rising Tide (VMC)
Molly Keane

A Place of Secrets

A Place of Secrets - Rachel Hore A Place of Secrets was a bit of a impulse purchase for me. I was in the mood for a fun, quick and somewhat mysterious read and when this popped up I knew it was what I was after. This is the kind of book I think of as an airport read. It's entertaining and engaging but not too taxing or time consuming.This book served as my introduction to Rachel Hore and I feel like next time I'm stuck in bed ill and don't want to strain myself with anything too literary I would happy pick up another of her offerings.A Place of Secrets is a bit of a duel story. It follows our heroine, Jude who works at an auction house specialising in books and manuscripts who becomes involved in valuing and researching a set of astronomy volumes and journals. While doing so a story from the past, long forgotten gets unearthed and the attachments between that story and Jude and her family become more and more involved.One thing that can't be ignored about this book is that it's brilliantly researched and the two main stories are interwoven in such an accomplished way. My only real complaint is the way things are wrapped up in the end. It feels a little hurried and like more time could have been taken to create a more believable finish. Things just seemed to fall in to place a little too easily for my liking but that just may be a personal preference.Overall I found A Place of Secrets to be a enjoyable read one that propelled me to continue to reach its conclusion.