WordsofaReader

WordsofaReader

I talk about books to my camera on regular intervals. Sometimes people watch the results. http://www.youtube.com/user/WordsofaReader

Oliver Twist
Leonard Maltin, Jerry Beck
The Shadow Thief
Alexandra Adornetto
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next Series #1)
The Rising Tide (VMC)
Molly Keane

Chocolat

Chocolat - Joanne Harris Chocolat is one of those books that you hear about. You hear how good it is. You’re familiar with the highly successful film. You’ve been meaning to read it for years but it just hasn’t happened yet. It kind of seems like maybe you’ll never get around to it.I finally got around to it and surprise of surprises I should never have waited. If all of Joanne Harris’ novels are as addictively engaging as Chocolat than I’ve found a new ‘must read’ author and I can’t tell how much nerdy joy that brings to me and my little life.Chocolat tells the story of a small French town in the 60’s and the two wayward travellers that make their influence known in the most repressed of communities.Vianne Rocher and her daughter, Anouk open a Chocolate store/café and the sleepy little religious town of Lansquenet is never quite the same.Chocolat is full of vivid characters and places. Harris’ descriptive writing made for a highly believable and wholly enjoyable experience. I adored the time spent with this little wonder of a book and am looking forward to getting lost in more of Harris’ charming prose in the future.