WordsofaReader

WordsofaReader

I talk about books to my camera on regular intervals. Sometimes people watch the results. http://www.youtube.com/user/WordsofaReader

Oliver Twist
Leonard Maltin, Jerry Beck
The Shadow Thief
Alexandra Adornetto
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next Series #1)
The Rising Tide (VMC)
Molly Keane

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 2)

Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris Living Dead in Dallas is the second novel from the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I read the first book, Dead Until Dark at the end of last year and found it a fun and frivolous read so I thought I’d continue on with the series since I rather enjoy the HBO show based on the books, True Blood.This particular novel takes quite a deviation from the show which I found interesting and quite satisfying since I didn’t know exactly where the story was headed; although, I feel like not a lot really happened in this particular novel despite its 290 some pages. It was none the less enjoyable. Not exactly a work of literary genius but if entertainment is what you’re after Charlaine Harris knows how to deliver. I think in future I’ll read these type of novels when I’m also reading something a little heavier and more intellectual since I think they’d be fantastic for giving yourself a little bit of a break especially before bed when you’re getting a little sleepy and aren’t managing to focus quite as well as usual…If you’re a fan of the show or are looking for a more adult alternative to all the fantasy/horror type novels in circulation at the moment then I wouldn’t think twice about giving this series a whirl. Good clean (for the most part) fun.